Volunteers needed at Ross Museum to assist those committed to
the St Aidan's restoration project.
About Ross Museum
Ross Museum was established in 1995 and is operated by
volunteers. New members are welcome and are essential to continuing the
preservation and collection of history within the Whitewater Region.
About The Whitewater Historical Society
Ross Museum is the main focus of the Whitewater Historical
Society. The society was established in 1985 to promote and preserve local
history, and collections were in safe keeping until the museum received the
donation of the Ross House, a replica of an early 1800's home. The museum was
opened to the public in 1995 and now has five buildings which house the
collection. The most recent acquisition, St
Aidans Church, has been restored but still requires some helpers to replace
some of the brick work.
The Whitewater Historical Society gratefully acknowledges
the financial support of the following institutions:
Ontario Trillium Foundation, an agency of the
Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Recreation. With $100 million in annual
funding from the provinces charitable gaming initiative, the Foundation
provides grants to eligable charitable and not-for-profit organizations in the
arts, culture, sport, recreation, environment and social service sectors.
Ministry of Culture of Ontario through the Heritage